For more than 75 years from our offices in Deerfield and Chicago, MichaelSilver’s talented and diverse team of professionals has brought a fresh approach to accounting and assurance, tax consulting and compliance, consulting services, and private client services to a broad range of clients in a wide variety of industries in the U.S. and internationally. We are committed to exceptional service and are driven by our foundational pillars that guide us to operate in an innovative, trusted, consultative, and energizing manner in all that we do. Professionals who join our team gain the work experience of larger firms, while tackling complex issues required by the type of client that is normally served by very large firms and enjoying the flexibility of our mid-sized firm. MichaelSilver professionals are offered competitive compensation, a generous commission package, comprehensive benefits, and flexible work hours.
As a Senior, Tax accountant, you will be responsible for the preparation and technical review of individual, partnership, corporate, and fiduciary income tax returns. In addition to tax compliance, you will be involved in researching complex tax issues as well as identifying and implementing tax planning opportunities. We are looking for an immediate hire.
- Preparation and technical review of individual, partnership, corporate, and fiduciary tax returns, including consolidated and multi‐state entities
- Preparation and technical review of tax planning projections
- Respond to IRS and state notices/inquiries and assist with federal and state tax audits
- Perform research on technical tax issues and communicate results
- Mentor and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Contribute to practice development and professional business networking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MST preferred
- CPA or working toward completion of exam
- 2+ years of recent public accounting experience
- Experience with a variety of tax software a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and client service oriented
- Ability to manage multiple engagements in a fast‐paced environment
We have a great work environment. We care about our people, our clients and our community. We want you to be successful professionally while having the time and opportunity to be successful away from the office too. If you’re ready for the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.