For more than 75 years from our offices in Deerfield and Chicago, MichaelSilver’s talented and diverse team of professionals has brought a fresh approach to accounting and assurance, tax consulting and compliance, consulting services, and private client services to a broad range of clients in a wide variety of industries in the U.S. and internationally. We are committed to exceptional service and are driven by our foundational pillars that guide us to operate in an innovative, trusted, consultative, and energizing manner in all that we do. Professionals who join our team gain the work experience of larger firms, while tackling complex issues required by the type of client that is normally served by very large firms and enjoying the flexibility of our mid-sized firm. MichaelSilver professionals are offered competitive compensation, a generous commission package, comprehensive benefits, and flexible work hours.
Our Accounting and Assurance Department performs a full range of assurance engagements, including audits, reviews and compilations, and a variety of special projects/consultations. It is our goal and duty to enhance your professional development. We are looking for an immediate hire for our Deerfield office.
- Responsible for learning and applying technical skills and working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision
- Applies self diligently to learning and understanding technical skills and on the job practices and business processes
- Develops an understanding of client businesses
- Develops a depth of knowledge in tools and systems and processes and their practical application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Relevant internship experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and client service oriented
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
We have a great work environment. We care about our people, our clients and our community. We want you to be successful professionally while having the time and opportunity to be successful away from the office too. If you’re ready for the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.