The Systems Administrator will be replacing a key member of the team and will be responsible for developing and maintaining the IT infrastructure, provide help desk support for in-office and remote users and maintain and support local IT software. This key role in IT will be influential in the direction the company takes their IT function as he/she will be responsible for the recommendations, support and management of the local IT hardware, licenses and subscriptions for their software.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Develop and maintain MichaelSilver IT infrastructure
- Internal help desk support for in-office and remote users
- Management and purchasing of IT equipment and supplies
- ‘Master of all things technology’
- Keep IT Inventory up to date and accurate, with appropriate documentation
- Management of licenses and subscriptions for software
- Manage alarm system, key fobs, and cameras
- Maintain and support local IT hardware including the server room and inventory
- Support, update and training for conference rooms and in-room equipment
- Communicate regularly with cloud provider regarding open tickets
- Provide IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users
- Offer troubleshooting, support, and repair when IT equipment or networks malfunction
- Walk users through solutions to solve problems and direct questions to supervisors or specialists when necessary
- Ensure that conference room equipment and software are up to date and functional
- Coordinate and communicate with third party systems and software providers
- Work with dedicated cloud provider on software and hardware issues, changes, and software updates
- Document daily tasks, training, and support sessions to better inform the department and organization regarding IT support needs
- Stay updated regarding new technology through industry news
- Assure all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Help set up, configure and maintain internal SharePoint sites
- Manage Office365 as Global Admin
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Windows / Office 365
- Experience with MS Teams highly desirable
- SharePoint Online proficiency
- Experience with CPA/Accounting Firm systems for instance CCH (Wolters Kluwer) programs such as Practice Management, CaseWare, QuickBooks, ProFX and XCM desirable
- Good knowledge of hardware, scanners, and printers (pcs, printers, docking stations, etc.)
- Good knowledge of video/voice conferencing and communication equipment.
- Experience with IT equipment purchasing.
- Experience with ticketing systems.
- KB (Knowledge Base) documentation experience.
- Basic understanding of Citrix based cloud environments.
- Good understanding of networks and networking equipment
- Good understanding of file server creation and maintenance.
- CompTIA A+ certification desirable
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) desirable
- Demonstrates great communication skills, listens carefully, and exercises patience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor in Computer Science, Data Management, Programming, or equivalent experience required.
• A minimum of five years of progressive responsibilities in IT support, IT development, or IS/IT hardware experience required.
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY
• Process owner for IT related processes
• All responsibilities and authorities are based on company policy (RACI), other internal documentation and financial attestation instructions
• This position is directly authorized to attest items and sign agreements according to separate routine
• This position has no financial attestation authority
We are proud to offer excellent opportunities for professional growth and accomplishment with a firm culture that encourages involvement in the community and personal success. We have a great work environment and a new office in Deerfield, IL. If you are interested in joining the MichaelSilver team, we encourage you to apply.