Managers in our Accounting and Assurance Group play an integral role at MichaelSilver by providing high-quality accounting, assurance, and consulting services for clients within a supportive, team environment. The ideal candidate is energetic, engenders trust, enjoys the opportunity to be innovative and consultative and is looking to become an important part of an exceptional firm.
- Manage audit, review, compilation and other accounting engagements for our middle-market clients
- Review workpapers, financial statements and tax-related schedules
- Supervise, review, and develop associates and interns
- Communicate with and strengthen relationships with clients and coworkers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Successful completion of CPA exam
- Minimum of 10 years experience with 2 years as an A&A Manager
- Diverse industry experience with for profit entities and experience with NFPs and EBPs.
- Diverse experience with audits, reviews, compilations and other accounting work
- An attitude of ownership and leadership
- Technical knowledge of GAAP and GAAS and related research expertise
- Experience with Caseware or similar trial balance product
- Ability to budget efficiently and manage your and your staff’s time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Motivated towards personal, professional, and business development initiatives
We are proud to offer excellent opportunities for professional growth and accomplishment with a firm culture that encourages involvement in the community and personal success. We have a great work environment and a new office in Deerfield, IL. If you are interested in joining the MichaelSilver team, we encourage you to apply.