The Tax Intern plays an integral role in our Tax Department by providing high-quality tax services for clients within a supportive, team environment. It is our goal and duty to enhance your professional development. As an intern, you will gain exposure to a variety of entities, industries, and tax issues, working closely with our associates, senior associates, supervisors, managers, and partners. With an assigned mentor, this position is supervised by the managers and partners in the Tax Department. This position is a flexible part-time position. You would be expected to work between 20-30 hours per week from our brand new office in Deerfield (easily accessible from I-94), allowing you to complete your college degree simultaneously. If a full-time internship is more your style, we can discuss that too!
- Preparation of individual and entity tax returns and work papers, along with special projects
- Current college student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with tax software a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast‐paced environment
The goal of MichaelSilver’s Internship Program is to provide real world experiences to talented accounting students. It is uniquely designed so students have the flexibility of working part-time, while attending class and graduating on time. Our interns receive the same training and real, hands-on assignments as entry-level, full-time staff, and have opportunities to work on client assignments with our accountants and partners. Come work and learn with us. If you’re ready for the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.