We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our administrative team. The ideal person for this position works well with others, is organized, and is able to prioritize the workload effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines. Attention to the smallest details is crucial, as it functions as an important quality-control measure for the firm. The role will also function as a backup to the typist and the front desk. As such, an understanding of professional etiquette is necessary.
Additionally, you will work with the firm’s Director of Marketing on various projects including but not limited to email blasts, newsletters, and website updates. The candidate should also be familiar with Adobe applications (InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat). Having basic knowledge of HTML coding is a bonus, but not necessary.
Beginning in mid-February to April 15th, the administrative team is required to work some overtime hours during the week, as well as alternating half-days on Saturdays. We are looking for an immediate hire.
- Proofing a variety of documents for grammar, style, and consistency
- Preparing these documents for final presentation in hard and electronic copy
- Manipulating various PDF files, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and on occasion PowerPoint presentations
- Regularly helping with a variety of miscellaneous administrative tasks, i.e. pulling files, assisting with mailing/packaging, helping front desk personnel with tasks, backup to billing, scheduling
- Typesetting a monthly newsletter via Adobe InDesign
- Answering phones and greeting visitors
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Manage time and prioritize individual tasks logically
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Effectively communicate and articulate with those involved in administrative, staff, and management positions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of 10-key a plus
- Highly computer-literate, comfortable learning new software, and able to troubleshoot
Required Software Skills:
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat
- InDesign and Photoshop
- Constant Contact, and Knowledge of HTML coding and online marketing programs a plus
We are proud to offer excellent opportunities for professional career development and a balanced work/life environment. If you are interested in joining the MichaelSilver team, we encourage you to apply.