The Administrative Assistant (Tax) plays an integral role for our Tax Department by assisting with tax return processing, managing client communications, and other department administrative duties.
The ideal person for this position will be a team orientated, organized, self-starter that works well under pressure, can multi-task and take direction from multiple sources simultaneously, has strong problem-solving skills, pays strong attention to detail, and has the ability to handle a high-volume deadline-driven workload.
- Assemble tax returns, prepare extensions, estimate vouchers, etc. using industry software
- Ensure timely filing of assigned extensions, miscellaneous forms
- Utilize various government programs to obtain/submit sensitive client information (knowledge of IRS e-services is helpful, but not required)
- Receiving, organizing, scanning, filing tax documents
- Miscellaneous and assigned administrative tasks (scanning, filing, word processing)
- Provide assistance and administrative support to Tax Department
- Assist other members of the administrative team, as needed
- 3+ years of administrative experience in a business setting
- CPA firm experience and familiarity with tax forms a plus
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work appropriately within hard & tight deadlines
- Experience with ProSystem a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to keep a high level of confidentiality due to nature of highly sensitive personal data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Good knowledge of hardware, scanners, and printers beneficial
- Mandatory overtime from end of January to April 15th (Saturdays required)
We have a great work environment. We care about our people, our clients and our community. We are proud to offer excellent opportunities for professional career development and a balanced work/life environment. If you are interested in joining the MichaelSilver team, we encourage you to apply.