The Business Valuation Senior Manager is responsible for leading, executing, and delivering challenging valuation engagements by participating in all aspects of projects, from the initial proposal preparation, through project completion. In this role, the Senior Manager is responsible for business development activities to grow the valuation department and being actively engaged in the management and training of staff.
Oversee multiple projects from a technical aspect and be responsible for the economics and profitability of each project including:
- Outline the scope of the work and perform industry research
- Identify and map out schedules, milestones, and required resources to meet project objectives
- Draft and review reports, proposals and presentations for client(s). Determine and communicate work product results.
- Perform related company, industry, and economic research
- Analyze client financial statements, evaluate business plans, prepare benchmarking analyses, and construct financial models with appropriate risk assessments
- Employ and reconcile Income, Market,. and Asset-based valuation methodologies
- Assess operational profitability and financial conditions
- Develop and review cash flow forecasts
- Compile and write valuation reports to support valuation analysis. Prepare and review valuation and spreadsheet models for accuracy.
- Utilize and train staff as required on valuation projects. Identify and recommend value accelerating initiatives based on quantitative and qualitative business analysis.
- Partner with other members of the Management Consulting Team to provide support and analysis for various non-valuation client projects. Develop strategy to grow Consulting practice.
- Perform business development activities, such as writing articles for publication, speaking at events, creating proposals, and networking
- Work tactfully to inspire faster adoption, greater utilization, and higher proficiency by employees regarding new ways of performing consulting project
- Develop and carry out consistent and professional communications with the company’s senior stakeholders, staff, and project teams throughout the valuation process
- Supervise the day-to-day workload and technical review of work product quality
- Provide essential and ongoing training
- Encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Evaluate performance and assist in setting goals and objectives to enhance professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with time sensitive situations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics. Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Four (4) or more years of business valuation experience
- CPA, ABV, CVA, AM, ASA, CMC certifications or other valuation industry credentials required
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing, and sales
- Strong research, quantitative, analytical, and conceptual problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen
- Proven ability to lead/mentor teams, motivate others, communicate complex ideas clearly, gain the respect of clients and colleagues, and work collaboratively with others
- Entrepreneurial and results-driven achiever
- Flexibility for potential travel to client sites
We are proud to offer opportunities for professional growth and accomplishment with a firm culture that encourages community involvement and personal success. We have a great work environment – virtually and in person at our new offices in Deerfield, IL. MichaelSilver professionals are offered competitive compensation, a generous commission package, comprehensive benefits, and flexible work hours.
If you’re ready for the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.