Our Client Accounting Services Group performs a full range of accounting, reporting, consulting and general ledger support functions for our clients. We are looking for candidates with strong accounting, business development and personal relationship skills who are looking to grow in a positive, challenging & successful environment.
- Reviewing accuracy of client’s accounting records on a periodic and annual basis
- Reconciliation of bank and other balance sheet accounts
- Analysis of revenue and expense accounts to assure proper accounting
- Periodic analysis of financial statements
- Assessing accounting systems and procedures; make recommendations as appropriate
- Assistance in QuickBooks setup for startup businesses including selecting the correct QB version and training as needed
- Actively participate in the growth of our CAS practice
- Supervising associate level staff on project-by-project basis
- Preparation of payroll and sales tax returns, forms 1099, W-2, etc.
- Assisting new businesses with local and federal registration requirements
- Original general ledger entries and check preparation for high net worth clients including basic banking functions
- Analyze opportunities for additional client accounting, tax and consulting services
- Training client personnel in general accounting functions, processes and procedures
- At least five (5) year’s experience doing similar work for a CPA firm or in industry
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field with strong accounting experience
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks Online and Desktop versions
- Experience with QB 3rd party apps and consulting services related to QB or other accounting systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and client service oriented
- Passion for helping clients and making sure their accounting systems are producing accurate information to help management run their businesses
- Ability to travel to clients in the Greater Chicago area (modified during COVID)
- We generally work 6 days/week January through March
We are proud to offer opportunities for professional growth and accomplishment with a firm culture that encourages community involvement and personal success. We have a great work environment – virtually and in person at our new offices in Deerfield, IL. MichaelSilver professionals are offered competitive compensation, a generous commission package, comprehensive benefits, and flexible work hours.
If you’re ready for the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.