Hospitality and Restaurants
Even a casual observation of the "comings & goings" of both local and trendy neighborhood restaurants proves that this industry is one of the riskiest to enter and remain successful.
Restaurateurs face a complete spectrum of business challenges, very similar to a manufacturer and a service provider. These challenges include marketing; production and cost control; management of spoilage and pilferage; preventing embezzlement; and ensuring customer satisfaction, all of which can make it difficult to run a profitable establishment.
The MichaelSilver Hospitality and Restaurant team has years of experience advising and consulting on a broad range of these specific issues. Our team of professionals provide a full range of accounting and assurance, tax, and consulting services to restaurant and beverage establishments, including:
- Pre-acquisition/Start-up Consulting
- Cost Segregation Studies to Maximize Depreciation Deductions for Acquired and Constructed Facilities
- Menu Pricing Models
- Volume and Profit Analysis
- Inventory/Cost/Employee Theft Controls
- FICA Tip Credit Optimization
- Tip Reporting Compliance
- Management Profitability/Gross Margin Analyses
- Restaurant/Liquor Industry State and Local Sales and Amusement Tax Reporting
- Employee Benefits, Requirements, and Planning
- Financial Reporting for Third Parties
- Income Tax Compliance
To discuss ways to enhance your business, please contact MichaelSilver's Hospitality and Restaurants Industry leader, Joseph P. (Joe) Roznai, CPA, CGMA, CPA, Partner, at 847-982-0333 or contact us.