Real Estate and Construction
A Solid Foundation
Whether you own a single-income property, are a real estate developer or subdivider, structure multi-tiered real estate investment partnerships, or are a large public works construction contractor, our accounting, tax, and consulting practice specialists have a solid foundation of industry knowledge to help you achieve your financial and operational goals.
The real estate and construction industries present unique challenges and opportunities, and they often have complex financial and regulatory requirements layered on top. MichaelSilver has an experienced team of professionals with the depth of experience and the expertise to help you navigate the issues and avoid set-backs.
Real estate investment properties are at the core of this industry. Whether the investments are for speculation, development, or held as income producing property, our team understands the complex accounting and tax issues associated with each, and can provide guidance from acquisition through ultimate sale. Services include:
- Tax Strategies and Compliance
- Accounting and Assurance Services
- Consulting and Other Value-Added Services and Solutions
- Appropriate Debt Structure to Ensure Loss Utilization by Investors
- Planning for Section 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges, Including Reverse Swaps
- Installment Sales
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Benefit Analysis and Calculations Related to Section 754 Basis Step-Up Elections
- Extensive Experience in State and Local Tax Across all 50 States
MichaelSilver’s construction contracting specialists have experience in structuring job costing systems that effectively manage contract performance. We can also provide guidance on the implementation and operation of these systems.
We are well-versed in the application of the appropriate unique construction contracting accounting principles and financial statement presentation; we can also provide audit, review, and compilation services, when necessary.
Additionally, we provide consulting and guidance for construction contractors in complying with the complex requirements of the Internal Revenue Code. Some of the services we offer include:
- Advise on Job-Costing Methods and Systems, Control Procedures, Labor Cost Reporting and Labor Controls, and Wrap up Certified Payroll Reporting
- Assurance Services
- Tax Planning
- Tax Compliance
- Succession and Entity Planning
We can advise you on taxes, credits, regulations,
and laws to help youmaximize growth and
Silver Advantage Alerts
Stay up to date with what matters to you
Gain access to personalized content based on your interests by signing up today
Sign Up Today