The Accounting and Assurance Intern plays an integral role in our Accounting and Assurance Department by providing high-quality accounting and assurance services for clients within a supportive, team environment. It is our goal and duty to enhance your professional development. As an intern, you will gain exposure to a variety of entities, industries, and audit and attest engagements, working closely with and shadowing our staff accountants and partners. This position is a flexible, part-time position. You would be expected to work between 20-30 hours per week from our brand new office in Deerfield (easily accessible from I-94), allowing you to complete your college degree simultaneously. If a full-time internship is more your style, we can discuss that too!
- Assistance in the completion of various audit, review, compilation, and accounting projects
- Load trial balances, create engagement letters, and document requests for clients
- Prepare basic tax returns
- Current college student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Previous internship experience in Public Accounting a plus!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- A strong interest in a career in Public Accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
The goal of MichaelSilver’s Internship Program is to provide real world experiences to talented accounting students. It is uniquely designed so students have the flexibility of working part-time, while attending class and graduating on time. Our interns receive the same training and real, hands-on assignments as entry-level, full-time staff, and have opportunities to work on real client assignments with our staff and partners. Come work and learn with us!
If you’re ready for the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.