International Tax Services
One of the most important international services that MichaelSilver can deliver is tax consulting and tax compliance, particularly as a result of a highly complex U.S. tax system, including federal as well as a myriad of state and local tax laws/jurisdictions. Additionally, there are a range of tax laws that impact businesses, separate from those affecting individuals and their families.
MichaelSilver's team of experienced international tax consultants has served foreign companies entering the U.S. marketplace for a quarter of a century, successfully delivering a comprehensive range of value-added tax planning and reporting services. Our membership in GMN International allows us to access global tax resources and coordinate with local experts and advisors. Our international tax services include:
Tax Consulting for Foreign Companies Entering the U.S. Market
- The most tax favorable entity structure
- Analysis of U.S. Tax Treaties with applicable foreign countries to maximize tax benefits, both in the U.S .and abroad
- The optimum states in which to locate and conduct business
- Tax aspects of various agreements (i.e., operating and employment agreements)
- Structuring inter-company transactions to ensure proper compliance with transfer pricing rules in the U.S.
- Structuring inter-company transactions to maximize tax deductions
- Repatriation of profits to home country
- Controlled group (multiple U.S. entities) issues
U.S. Tax Compliance and Planning
- U.S. Subsidiaries of foreign parent companies
- Foreign companies directly operating in the U.S.
- Foreign national employees working in the U.S. for the U.S. branch or subsidiary
- Foreign subsidiaries of U.S. Companies
- Expatriate U.S. citizens working abroad
- Equalization agreements
- Multi-state income and sales tax issues to avoid unnecessary state tax penalties and costly state tax audits
- Back-up withholding tax issues and requirements
- Representing our clients throughout the tax audit process to minimize or eliminate additional tax liabilities that may result from such audits
- Assisting U.S. companies with implementation of IC-DISC structures to maximize
- U.S. tax savings from export of goods produced, in whole or in part, in the U.S.
- Foreign tax credit planning and related reporting requirements
- Assistance with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) compliance and reporting requirement
- Assistance with Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCen) (formerly known as the FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Reporting)) compliance and reporting requirement
We are committed to providing our clients with a depth and breadth of international tax services that can help them better understand and navigate the U.S.’s multi-faceted tax system.
For more information related to international tax strategies, please contact MichaelSilver's International Services Group leader, Steven D. Handler, CPA, CMC, CGMA, Partner, at 847-982-0333 or contact us.