Janell Wilson joined MichaelSilver in 1996. She began as a staff accountant and has grown with the Firm, expanding her responsibilities throughout the years. Her dedication and hard work led to a promotion to partner in 2015, and she is now an integral part of the accounting and assurance leadership team.
Janell has 25 years of experience providing accounting, business consulting and compliance services to closely-held businesses and their owners. Her expertise is in audit, review, and compilation engagements for companies within the private, middle market sector. She enjoys working closely with entrepreneurs and business owners to improve accounting systems and strengthen internal controls. Her industry specializations include manufacturers, automobile dealerships, professional service providers, and interior designers. Janell also has extensive experience with audits of employee benefit plans.
Janell works with not-for-profit clients, including religious organizations, arts and cultural organizations, social welfare organizations, trade associations, schools, and private foundations. She oversees financial statement audits and agreed-upon procedures engagements.
Janell provides consulting and special project work to her clients. Her experience includes:
- Representing clients during the closing of dealership acquisitions and sales
- Involvement with qualified and non-qualified benefit plan design
- Preparing benefit calculations for phantom stock and deferred compensation plans
- Assisting with implementation of employee reimbursement programs
- Managing accounting and loan disbursements for financing companies
- Arranging appraisals and valuations for insurance comparisons
- Advising on public charity vs. private foundation designations
- Providing break-even and cash flow analysis
Janell Wilson, CPA
How she spends her time here
How she got here
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Michigan State University
How she approaches her work
“One of my top priorities when working with clients is to be very responsive. My clients know they will receive frequent status updates on projects. When they send an email or leave a message, my clients can count on hearing back from me right away. Great communication is key to a trusted relationship.”
HOW sHE SPENDS HER TIME ELSEWHERE
“I love to travel and explore new vacation destinations with my husband. I enjoy being outdoors photographing nature, playing golf and hiking with my dogs.”