Laurie Kaplan has been with MichaelSilver for over 20 years and became a Partner in June 2018. She serves as the firm’s key employee benefit plan specialist, consulting and advising clients on plan selection, design, set-up, and administration.
Laurie has served as a trusted advisor to clients for over 25 years, managing and addressing tax and accounting issues within a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, retail, restaurants, real estate, automobile dealerships, and professional service providers.
Laurie began her career in accounting and auditing and transitioned to the area of taxation in 1990. Her accounting background and consultative approach allows Laurie to partner with clients to address their personal and business needs. She develops innovative solutions for her clients based on her expertise in like-kind exchanges, small business start-ups, and estate and gift taxation.
Laurie received her B.S. in Accountancy from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and is a member of the Illinois CPA Society and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Laurie is a distinguished speaker addressing a wide variety of audiences on the topics of taxation and personal financial matters.
- $2 Trillion Rescue Package to Combat Coronavirus – Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic
Security (CARES) Act
- Illinois Businesses Need to Act Now – The Illinois Secure Choice Program Has Arrived
- There Is A New Mandatory Retirement Program in Illinois
- IRS Changes Key Tax Deadlines – Don’t Be Caught Unaware!
- IRS Offers Relief for Late Rollover of Retirement Plan Distributions
- Why are Retirement Plans Such A Great Opportunity?
- Affordable Care Act- Four Important Tax Updates
- How Will Health Care Reform Affect You and Your Business?
Contact Laurie at [email protected].