Tax Audit Assistance and Representation
MichaelSilver represents individuals and companies before the Internal Revenue Service, Illinois Department of Revenue, Department of Employment Security, and other state or local taxing entities.
Upon notification that a client receives a letter requiring an audit from a federal or state agency, MichaelSilver represents the client through the process. We take control of the audit or examination, working directly with the investigating agency. We assist our clients in gathering complete and accurate documentation and meet with the agency representatives in our office to help ensure the minimum amount of disruption to the client and its business or employees.
Although we cannot predict outcomes, the vast majority of the audits we have supervised have resulted in little or no change to the tax liability as reported.
In addition to representation before the Internal Revenue Service on audits, our services include:
- Representation Before Internal Revenue Service, State, and Local Taxing Authorities on Income Tax, Sales Tax or Other Related Matters
- Representation before the Internal Revenue Service and State Appeals
- Follow-up on Government Notices on Tax Return Filings
- Preparation of Ruling Requests
- IRS and State Collections Issues
- Penalty Abatement
- Consultation with Tax Attorneys on Court Appearances or Appeals
For more information about how MichaelSilver can help with your tax audit assistance and representation needs, please call 847-982-0333 or contact us.